Experimax ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.experimax.co.za, or any of our other websites ("our site"), or by utilising our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Reference to "consent", "your consent" or "your explicit consent" shall include the clicking of "application" or "submit" button or "I agree" button on our site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- We may collect and process the following information about you (which may include Personal Information)-
- Information you give us.
- You may provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This may include instances where you provide us with information when you complete a form to contact us, subscribe to our services, participate in our social media forums on or linked to our site or complete a survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Credit or Debit Card Information: We may ask you to submit your credit or debit card information to verify your bank account and to process a payment, however we will not store this information ourselves on our servers. We work with a third-party provider for payment purposes (in necessary), and save only a token they provide back to us, in order to guarantee the security of your information;
- Information we collect about you. With each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information from you-
- Technical information: the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Note that an IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to the user's computer during a browsing session whenever the user logs onto the Internet via the user's internet service provider or the user's network. Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our site. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services and/or gear you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide; or
- where you have authorised a third party that we may collect information from selected third parties (i.e. social networks and social plug-ins);
- Referrals from third parties;
Take note: the information will be shared internally and combined with information collected on our site or that you have provided to us to enhance our services. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, insurance brokers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them - we do this to enable us to address your requirements.
- You should be able to adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse the site but the functions that allow you to access an existing account or page that requires a username or password, will not be available. Or You can adjust your browser to notify you when a website attempts to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser you use;
- Please remember, cookies do not contain personal information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers;
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our site.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will not sell your personal information.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to -
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or selected third parties) and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us or selected third parties;
- verify who you are (see below);
- provide you with information about other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already acquired or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site or your use thereof;
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information-
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Submission of Personal Information on behalf of another: Kindly take note that if you provide information on behalf of someone else, then it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary consent from such person/user before making the information available to us. On receipt of personal information we assume that the necessary consent has been obtained and will process the personal information as per your instructions. By submitting such personal information on behalf of another person/user you indemnify us against any third party claim where a third party claim that personal information has been processed without the necessary consent or other available exception by law.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act, Act 71 of 2008.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including -
- Business partners, sub-contractors and insurance brokers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them for purposes of our Services to you or you enter into with them as per your selection. Our engagement with any third party will be under contract with specific reference that your personal information must be managed on a confidential basis;
- We might make use of third parties to, amongst other things; verify authenticity of information and/or data supplied by you or to verify validity of aforementioned data. These relationships between us and all third parties are protected by strict contracts and certain service levels. Data exchanged between us and third parties is kept to an absolute minimum, purely to achieve the required action/intention of data validation and verification.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (As an example, we may inform them that 500 men, aged under 30, have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; or
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site (we do not disclose identifiable personal information to them);
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets; or
- We may share your information with other users when you submit a request to rent gear from another user (Owner) or when you rent out your goods to another (Renter), we disclose certain personal information of you to the other user. This only takes place subsequent to your instruction to submit an order for the gear, or your instruction to accept the potential Renter's order. The information provided are only information you made available to us;
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password safe and confidential. We ask that you not share this password with anyone.
- Records of personal information will not be retained for longer that is necessary for operational or archiving purposes for which the information was collected, unless retention of record is required or authorised by law. Records of personal information may be retained for periods in excess of those contemplated for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to us establishing appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purpose and or we have de-identified the record(s).
- Despite our best efforts the transmission of information over the internet may not always be completely secure. Although we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measurements to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or to any other location by electronic means and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measurements to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we, our directors or employees participate in are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. PLEASE NOTE: We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users, wishing to discuss sensitive details or to resolve issues/concerns, to contact us through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- Our social network page(s) may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL's. You are advised to exercise caution and due care before clicking on any shortened URL's published on social media platforms by this site. Despite our best efforts to ensure that only genuine URL's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this site and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
7. INTERCEPTION AND MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
We reserve the right to intercept, monitor, copy or block communications to and from our communications facilities (including but not limited to our site, Portal, email, SMSs, etc.) in accordance with the relevant provisions of the law.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
- Marketing - We assume that when you register for the Experimax services that you (as customer of Experimax) would like to be informed of any product or services we offer from time to time. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, however you may miss out on information and advice. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing, free of charge, informing us via the Experimax services or by contacting us at or use the unsubscribe functionality on our email communications.
- Third party websites/social media sites - Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Access to information - You have a right to see/access your personal information kept by us. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you upon receipt of a written request and possible payment of a fee as per the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (click here to access).
- You are also encouraged to use available controls and settings on your device to reflect your privacy preferences.